Especially Welcoming Restaurants & Bars For Lesbians WomenSABBAN INTERIORS
- The Barbary– Crowds line up for real time music and party parties as of this off-the-beaten-path club that draws the city’s LGBTQ hipster set to Fishtown. Popular DJs spin sets during special retro activities, like old-school Goth and New Wave events. 951 Frankford Avenue, (215) 634-7400, email protected
- Bob and Barbara’s – Each Thursday evening, revelers mind to the famous Southern Street dive club for the city’s longest-running drag show, hosted by Miss Lisa Lisa. B and B’s can be most widely known because of its Citywide Special, a go of Jim Beam by having a Pabst Blue Ribbon chaser. 1509 Southern Street, (215) 545-4511
- Bud & Marilyn’s – of most of cook Marcie Turney and spouse Valerie Safran’s acclaimed destinations that are dining 13 th Street, Bud & Marilyn’s feels many like community. Regarding the menu: US convenience meals and cocktails. Later on in 2010, Turney and Safran will debut an eatery in Center City’s iconic LIKE Park. 1234 Locust Street, (215) 546-2220
- Dirty Frank’s – an corner that is unassuming bar greets probably the many diverse clients into the town: attorneys, artists, pupils, perhaps the sporadically visiting celebrity feel welcome within an eclectic environment that is super LGBTQ-welcoming. Bonus: Rotating art exhibitions during the bar’s off the beaten track gallery display initial work by up-and-coming and established musicians. In June 2019, a unique exhibition celebrates the 50 th anniversary of Stonewall. 347 S. 13 th Street, (215) 732-5010
- Franky Bradley’s – The venue that when housed Philly’s premiere lesbian club stays real to its origins with a normal lineup of LGBTQ-friendly events—including drag and burlesque—in its upper-level lounge. Kitschy artwork decorates the downstairs dining area, where clients can mingle in the club at delighted hour or grab a dining table for the intimate supper. 1320 Chancellor Street, (215) 735-0735,
- L’Etage– Upstairs from creperie Beau Monde, this gay-owned, Parisian-inspired nightclub features underground drag, burlesque and gender-fluid performance acts from Philly and ny. 624 S. 6 th Street, (215) 592-0656,
- Punch Line – This Liberties that is northern comedy spotlights funny individuals 7 days per week, having a lineup that features LGBTQ comedy evenings and special sets by well-known LGBTQ comics. Punch Line’s Drag Diva Brunch every is a must saturday. 33 E. Laurel Street, (215) 608-6555,
- Valanni – This popular Gayborhood that is little restaubar young specialists at its candle lit club for cocktails and Mediterranean-inspired tiny dishes. Valanni’s brunch is definitely a draw, especially in warmer months, when sidewalk seating is the place to see and be seen weekend. 1229 Spruce Street, (215) 790-9494, valanni
Day-to-Night Hangouts & Community Spaces:
- Amalgam Comics + Coffeehouse – Queer-, Black- and female-owned, this Fishtown comics shop and cafe is becoming a hub that is welcoming die-hard fans from through the region and regularly hosts game nights, readings and meetings. 2578 Frankford Avenue, (215) 427-3300
- William Method LGBT Community Center – This hub of LGBTQ life in Philadelphia hosts reside activity, gallery exhibitions, outings, organizations and, recently, women’s programming 365 days (and evenings) per year. Nightlife options vary—book clubs, yoga classes, coffee talks, mahjongg games, art openings—to the less so, such as for example bi-monthly concerts, getaway festivities therefore the Mr. Philly Drag King this is certainly yearly pageant. The welcoming https://datingrating.net/eastmeetseast-review safe area additionally features a collection and considerable archive of LGBTQ history. 1315 Spruce Street, (215) 732-2220
Parties, Art, Networking & More:
- Lgbt Urban Explorers (GLUE) – GLUE gathers adventuresome adventurers for unique outings through the town. Typical destinations might consist of old warehouses, abandoned buildings or untraveled tunnels.
- Institute of modern Art (ICA) – On Wednesdays until 8 p.m., visitors explore a few of the country’s most cutting-edge art that is fine installments as of this University of Pennsylvania museum. Many of ICA’s major programs right here have actually dedicated to art through a genderqueer lens. 118 S. 36 th Street, (215) 898-7108,
- Lesbians Who Tech + Allies – This nationwide based networking mixer links Philly lesbians within the technology industry via delighted hour meet-ups over the city.
- Our particular date – This event that is networking built to connect LGBTQ individuals through social events that help regional nonprofit businesses. Monthly activities take place at rotating venues when you look at the town.
- Queer Urbanist Exchange – a group that is social individuals enthusiastic about urban design and preparing hosts monthly delighted hours, along side socially driven and educational occasions throughout every season.
- Sex Dwarf– WXPN DJ Robert Drake hosts this New that is popular Wave celebration every very very first Saturday associated with thirty days at rotating venues. The celebration transforms the area it is in into a clubhouse that is 1980s-style that includes retro tunes spinning later to the evening.
- Sip City Mixer – Mover-and-shaker Rebecca Kenton organizes this free-entry stretched pleased hour. Her objective: Gather and celebrate diverse feamales in town every 3 to 5 days with events at several of the most popular venues when you look at the town.
- Stimulus Philly – ladies of all of the persuasions regular these trendy events produced by lesbians whom created an alternate to the typical nightlife scene.
- Sunday Tea – This day that is pop-up focuses on LGBTQ folks of color to locate a laidback vibe to finish the week-end. The attire: brunch casual—it’s a tea party, after all sunday. Concourse Dance Bar, 1635 Marketplace Street, (267) 534-4128
- SWAY – One of Philly’s biggest party parties is done by as well as for LGBTQ people of color—and constantly lands at a brand new location.
- T Girls United – This group that is transgender-friendly parties at various venues through the area.
Burlesque, Karaoke + Cabaret:
- Bearded Ladies Cabaret – Helmed by queer performer John Jarboe, this movie movie theater troupe creates a unique programs and seems at beloved unique occasions. Barbara Streisand, Edith Piaf and Mr. Rogers count among the list of inspirations for the combined group’s productions. Beardedladiescabaret
- Honeytree Evil Eye Burlesque – a passionate LGBTQ crowd follows burlesque dancer Honeytree Evil Eye to late-night activities around city, by way of her rotating cast of LGBTQ performers.
- Peek-a-Boo Revue – The neo-burlesque troupe is an adults-only pastiche of singing, dance, comedy and classic striptease, embodying all that is vaudeville entertainment with an injection of modernity. Established in 1998, Philly’s longest operating show that is burlesque at clubs all over city.
- Sing your daily life Karaoke – For a long time, Sara Sherr has hosted among the most useful karaoke evenings when you look at the city—and gets the faithful LGBTQ after to show it. The simplest way to get her next gig is through after her on social networking.
SEE PHILADELPHIA ® is our title and our objective. Since the region’s tourism that is official agency, we develop better Philadelphia’s image, drive visitation and increase the economy.